This fluffy mashed potatoes alternative is an excellent dish to bring to food-centric celebrations like Thanksgiving or simply to enjoy at home alongside a main meal. Our favorite entrées to pair it with are vegetarian meatloaf and noodle casserole.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Get out a large pot, a steamer, a colander, and a food processor or blender.
- Get out a small glass measuring cup and a small serving bowl.
STEP TWO – Steam the Vegetables
1 medium cauliflower head cut into florets
4 peeled garlic cloves
- Place a steamer basket in the large pot, add 1 inch of water, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic and steam for 5 minutes until tender.
- Drain in the colander and add to the food processor or blender.
STEP THREE – Make the Mash
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
2 chopped green onions
- In the food processor or blender, blend the cauliflower, garlic, cheese, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and top with the onions.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 cup (¼ of recipe)
Exchanges: 1 veg, 1 fat