This recipe is similar to mashed potatoes, only fluffier, lighter, and perfect for non-potato fans like Julia. It’s an excellent dish to bring to food-centric celebrations like Thanksgiving as well.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Get out a large pot, a steamer, and a colander.
- Get out a small glass measuring cup and a medium bowl.
- Set up a food processor or blender.
STEP TWO – Steam the Cauliflower
1 medium head of cauliflower
3-4 cloves of garlic
- Add an inch of water to the pot with the steamer and bring to a boil.
- Wash the cauliflower and cut off all the florets.
- Peel the garlic.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic to the steamer basket and steam for about 5 minutes until it’s tender.
- Drain the cauliflower and garlic in the colander and add them to the food processor or blender.
STEP THREE – Finish the Dish
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
⅓ cup of milk (we use 1%)
1 teaspoon of vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Add the vinegar to the milk and allow it to sour for 5 minutes.
- Add the soured milk to the food processor with the butter and spices.
- Blend the ingredients to the consistency you like.
- Scoop the mashed cauliflower into a bowl and top with a sprinkle of parmesan and chopped green onions.
Recommended serving size: 1 cup
Exchanges: 2 veg, 1 fat