This recipe is similar to mashed potatoes, only fluffier, lighter, and perfect for non-potato fans like Julia. It’s an excellent dish to bring to food-centric celebrations like Thanksgiving as well.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Get out a large pot, a steamer, a colander, and a food processor or blender.
- Get out a small glass measuring cup and a small serving bowl.
STEP TWO – Steam the Cauliflower
1 medium cauliflower head
3-4 cloves peeled garlic
- Place a steamer basket in the large pot, add 1 inch of water, and bring to a boil.
- Wash the cauliflower and cut off the florets.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic to the steamer and steam for 5 minutes until tender.
- Drain the vegetables in the colander and add to the food processor or blender.
STEP THREE – Make the Mash
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
⅓ cup milk
1 teaspoon white vinegar
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
Grated parmesan cheese
Chopped green onions
- In the glass measuring cup, combine the milk and vinegar and let sour for 5 minutes.
- Add the soured milk to the food processor with the salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the mashed cauliflower into the serving bowl and top with the parmesan cheese and green onions.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 cup (¼ of recipe)
Exchanges: 2 veg, 1 fat