This lighter version of classic fudge brownies still preserves all the deliciousness and fudginess of the original. Served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is our favorite way to enjoy them!
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8-inch square metal pan with 2 pieces of aluminum foil and lightly spray with canola spray.
- Get out a large mixing bowl and a medium mixing bowl.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
¾ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg plus 1 egg white
- In the large mixing bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate chips for 45-60 seconds.
- Whisk the mixture until completely melted and let cool briefly.
- Add the sour cream, syrup, vanilla, and eggs and whisk until incorporated.
- In the medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Brownies
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the brownies on the cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the pan and cool for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the brownies into 2-inch squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 brownie
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat*
* ½ a cup of vanilla ice cream adds 1 starch and 1 fat