These tasty dessert bars are an excellent variation of classic brownies and the perfect treat for those like Julia who prefer vanilla to chocolate.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8-inch square metal pan with 2 pieces of aluminum foil and lightly spray with canola spray.
- Get out a medium mixing bowl and a large mixing bowl.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In the large mixing bowl, microwave the butter for 40 seconds and let cool briefly.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
- In the medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Blondies
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the blondies on the cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove the blondies from the pan and cool for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the blondies into 2-inch squares and enjoy!
Recommended Serving Size: 1 blondie
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat