We love ginger almost as much as we love pumpkin spice. These cookies in particular have become a festive favorite of ours. Their delicious combination of spices really brings out the holiday spirit.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Take a stick of unsalted butter out of the refrigerator to soften.
- Lightly spray two large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Get out a medium bowl and a stand mixer.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
½ cup of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of molasses
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of cloves
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for about 3 minutes until they’re light and fluffy.
- Add in the molasses and egg until they’re well combined.
- In the medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for an hour to chill and set.
STEP THREE – Bake
- Set the oven to 350°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Drop 18-20 tablespoons of cookie batter onto the prepared baking sheets and press down with the back of a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Switch the position of the baking sheets in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before moving them to the cooling racks.
Recommended serving size: 2 cookies
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat