Whether you keep them plain or dress them up with sprinkles, these cookies are so easy and tasty that you’ll love having them around the house. We enjoy them year-round but like our ginger cookie recipe, there’s something about the holiday season that makes them taste extra delicious!
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Take a stick of unsalted butter out of the refrigerator to soften.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Lightly spray two large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Get out a medium mixing bowl and a stand mixer.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Cream the Butter Mixture
¾ stick of unsalted butter
¾ cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add it to the stand mixer with the sugar.
- Cream the ingredients for about 3-5 minutes until they’re light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix to completely combine.
STEP THREE – Finish the Batter and Bake
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
Sprinkles or raw sugar
- In the medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and hand mix to combine.
- Drop 18-20 tablespoons of cookie batter onto the prepared baking sheets and press down with the back of a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar or colored sprinkles.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Switch the position of the baking sheets in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to the racks and let them cool for a few minutes before eating.
Recommended serving size: 2 cookies
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat