Whether you keep them plain or dress them up with sprinkles, these cookies are so simple and tasty that you’ll love having them around the house. We enjoy them year-round but like our ginger cookie recipe, there’s something about the holiday season that makes them taste extra delicious!
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Take out a stick of unsalted butter to soften.
- Get out a stand mixer and a small bowl.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
¾ cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In the small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Cookies
- Drop 18 tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheets and press down with the back of a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar or colored sprinkles.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Switch the sheets and bake for another 5 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to the cooling racks and cool for 5-10 minutes.
Recommended Serving Size: 3 cookies
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat