This is another classic cookie recipe to add to your sweets collection. Its simple ingredients, straightforward preparation, and delicious taste make it an exceptional snack to have around the house.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Take out a stick of unsalted butter to soften.
- Get out a stand mixer and a medium mixing bowl.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
1 stick unsalted butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¾ cup peanut butter
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars for 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In the medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and incorporate by hand without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Cookies
- Drop 18 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheets and press down with the back of a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Switch the sheets and bake for another 5 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer the cookies to the cooling racks and cool for 5-10 minutes.
Recommended Serving Size: 2 cookies
Exchanges per Serving: 1 starch, 1 fat