This is another classic cookie recipe in our sweets collection. Its simple ingredients, easy preparation, and delicious taste make it a great snack to have around the house.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Take a stick of unsalted butter out of the refrigerator to soften.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Get out a medium mixing bowl and a stand mixer.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
1 stick unsalted butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¾ cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the mixer, beat the butter and sugars for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- In the medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and combine by hand.
STEP THREE – Assemble and Bake
- Drop 20 tablespoons of cookie batter onto the prepared baking sheets and press down with the back of a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Sprinkle a little raw sugar on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Switch the position of the sheets in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to the racks to finish cooling.
Recommended Serving Size: 2 cookies
Exchanges per Serving: 1 starch, 1 fat