These muffins are simple, delicious, and a great way to make use of fresh apples—really any kind will do. While they’re enjoyed year-round in our house, the addition of cinnamon makes them the ultimate autumn snack.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray or line 12 muffin tins with baking cups.
- Take out a stick of unsalted butter to soften.
- Get out a stand mixer and a medium bowl.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
⅓ cup milk
2 cups peeled and grated apples (3-4 whole)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and milk and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the apples.
- In the medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Muffins
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin tins and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins on the cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tins and cool for another 5-10 minutes.
Recommended Serving Size: 2 muffins
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat