One of our favorite fall recipes, these muffins are simple, delicious, and a great way to make use of fresh apples.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Take a stick of butter out of the refrigerator to soften.
- Set the oven to 375°F with a rack in the middle.
- Lightly spray or paper cup 12 muffin tins.
- Get out a stand mixer and a medium bowl.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Prepare the Wet Ingredients
5 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
⅓ cup of milk
2 cups of apples, diced or grated
- Cream the butter and sugar in the stand mixer, starting on low and moving to medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and mix until they’re fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla and milk and slowly mix them in.
- Peel, core, and dice or grate the apples.
- Add the apples to the batter and hand mix them in.
STEP THREE – Prepare the Dry Ingredients
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- In the bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
STEP FOUR – Combine and Bake
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix to just incorporate.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin tins, filling them ⅔ to ¾ full.
- Sprinkle the tops with raw sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins are golden brown. You can check their doneness by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, you’re good to go!
- Remove the muffins from the pans and place them on the cooling rack.
Recommended serving size: 1 muffin
Exchanges: 2 starch