This simple and delicious family favorite recipe is on the lighter side than Toll House. For extra nutrition and variety, add shredded coconut or ground nuts to the batter.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 375°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Take out a stick of unsalted butter to soften.
- Get out a stand mixer and a small bowl.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup chocolate chips
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and egg to the mixer and mix until smooth.
- In the small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Cookies
- Drop 18 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheets and use your fingers to press into ½-inch thick circles.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Switch the sheets and bake for another 6 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to the cooling racks and cool for 5-10 minutes.
Recommended Serving Size: 3 cookies
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat
5 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookies”
looks absolutely delicious. thank you
LikeLiked by 2 people
You’re very welcome, Ketan! Please follow us for more delicious recipes like this one.
We hope you enjoy the cookies!
As you can probably tell by my blog, I am a fanatic for cookies…especially chocolate chip ones! Great Job on the recipe!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! We’re huge fans of cookies too, and this recipe is one of our favorites.