Over the summer when zucchini grows in abundance in our garden, we pull out all our favorite zucchini-centric recipes. Light, moist, and delicious, this irresistible sweet bread is at the top of the list!
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 9×5-inch metal bread pan with canola spray.
- Get out a large bowl and a medium bowl.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
3 cups grated and drained fresh zucchini
½ cup ground walnuts or almonds
- In the large bowl, microwave the butter for 45 seconds and let cool briefly.
- Whisk in the vanilla, then the eggs.
- In the medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients with the zucchini and nuts and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Bread
- Spoon the batter into the bread pan.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread on the cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into 1-inch-thick slices and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 slice
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat