These little cakes with their gooey chocolatey interior are the perfect treat to celebrate the New Year. Crushed peppermints or candy canes make for a textural and seasonal topping.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray 4 6-ounce ramekins with canola spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Get out a large bowl.
STEP TWO – Assemble and Bake
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In the large bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate chips for 40 seconds and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir to incorporate.
- Divide the batter among the 4 ramekins.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges but still soft in the middle.
- Cool the cakes for 1 minutes, then invert onto 4 plates.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint and serve warm.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 cake
Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 fat