We’re serious when we say that fall is our season to roll out the pumpkin recipes. These cookies are soft and fluffy with a delightfully subtle pumpkin flavor.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Take a stick of unsalted butter out of the refrigerator to soften.
- Lightly spray two large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Get out a medium mixing bowl and a stand mixer.
- Set up two cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Dough
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of pureed pumpkin
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- In the stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until they’re light and fluffy.
- Add the pureed pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix to completely incorporate.
- In the medium bowl, stir to combine the flour, soda, powder, spices, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and combine by hand.
- Spoon the dough into the medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
STEP THREE – Assemble and Bake
½ cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 24 balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar and place them on the baking sheets.
- Press the balls down partway with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to the cooling racks and let them completely before eating.
Recommended serving size: 2 cookies
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat