We’re serious when we say that autumn is our season to roll out all our favorite pumpkin recipes. These cookies are soft on the outside and fluffy on the inside with a delightfully subtle pumpkin flavor.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Take out a stick of unsalted butter to soften.
- Get out a stand mixer and a medium bowl.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In the medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
- Spoon the dough into the medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Towards the end of the hour, preheat the oven to 375°F with 2 racks in the middle.
STEP THREE – Bake the Cookies
½ cup powdered sugar
- Shape 1 tablespoon of dough at a time into a ball and roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place on the baking sheets and use your fingers to press into ½-inch thick circles.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Switch the sheets and bake for another 6 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to the cooling racks and cool for 5-10 minutes.
Recommended Serving Size: 3 cookies
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat