Autumn truly brings out our love of pumpkin spice and what better way to celebrate that than with our delicious pumpkin chocolate chip bread? We enjoy this recipe so much that we tend to make it all year round.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 9×5 inch metal bread pan with canola spray.
- Get out a large bowl and a medium bowl.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup milk
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
⅓ cup chocolate chips
- In the large bowl, microwave the butter for 45 seconds.
- Whisk in the milk and sour cream, then the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.
- In the medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients with the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Bread
- Spoon the batter into the bread pan and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread on the cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into 1-inch-thick slices and enjoy warm.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 slice
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat