Autumn truly brings out our love of pumpkin spice and what better way to celebrate that than with our delicious pumpkin chocolate chip bread? We enjoy this recipe so much that we tend to make it all year round.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with an oven rack in the middle.
- Lightly spray a 9×5 inch metal bread pan with canola spray.
- Get out a large mixing bowl and a medium mixing bowl.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup milk
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
⅓ cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons ground nuts
- In the large mixing bowl, microwave the butter for 45 seconds.
- Whisk in the milk and sour cream, then the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.
- In the medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Bread
- Spoon the batter into the bread pan and top with a sprinkle of raw sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread on the cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and cool for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch-thick slices and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 slice
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat