The fall season really brings out our love of pumpkin and what better way to celebrate that than with our delicious pumpkin chocolate chip bread? We enjoy it so much that we tend to make it all year round.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Set the oven to 350°F with an oven rack in the middle.
- Lightly spray a 9×5 inch metal bread pan with canola spray.
- Get out a glass measuring cup, a medium bowl, and a large bowl.
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Combine the Dry Ingredients
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cups of white sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
⅓ cup of chocolate chips
2 tablespoons of ground nuts
- In the large bowl, thoroughly mix together the dry ingredients.
- Set aside.
STEP THREE – Combine the Wet Ingredients
¼ cup of milk
¼ cup of sour cream
¾ of a stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of pureed pumpkin
2 teaspoons of vanilla
- In the glass measuring cup, melt the butter for 45 seconds in the microwave.
- In the medium bowl, whisk together all the other wet ingredients.
- Add in the melted butter and mix well.
STEP FOUR – Assemble and Bake
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top with raw sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a sharp knife into the center. If the blade comes out clean, the bread is done. If not, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool the bread on the rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and enjoy!
Recommended serving size: 1 slice (approximately 1-inch)
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat