Happy Halloween! Thanks to Julia’s love of all things spooky, our family always gets into the celebration—with decorating and baking. This seasonal and vegetarian variation of classic Rice Krispies Treats is equally delicious as it is adorable.
STEP ONE – Preparations
1. Get out a large pot.
STEP TWO – Make the Mixture
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 10-ounce pack Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
4 cups rice crispy cereal
Red and yellow food coloring
- In the large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted. (This will take twice as long as regular marshmallows and it’s worth it.)
- Add 3 to 4 drops of each food coloring to create a light orange color.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cereal.
STEP THREE – Shape and Decorate
- Divide the mixture into 8 pieces.
- Use your hands to shape each piece into a circle.
- Use a knife to make an indentation at the top and insert the pretzel stick and M&M to create the stem and leaf.
- Enjoy the pumpkin Rice Krispies treats on your safe and happy Halloween!
Recommended Serving Size: 1 Rice Krispies Treat
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat