Our version of the classic deviled eggs combines simple and nutritious ingredients to create a superb appetizer or side. In the past, we’ve doubled this recipe and brought it to Thanksgiving for a protein-rich vegetarian option for Julia and anyone else to enjoy.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Get out a medium pot.
- Get out a small bowl and a small serving platter.
STEP TWO – Cook the Eggs
5 large eggs
- Place the eggs in the medium pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pot from heat and let rest covered for 18 minutes.
- Place the pot in the sink, run cold water over the eggs, and let cool briefly.
STEP THREE – Make the Filling and Assemble
1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
1 ½ tablespoons sour cream
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
- Gently tap the eggs along the inside of the kitchen sink.
- With cold water running, slowly peel off the shells.
- Half the eggs lengthwise, scoop out the yolks, and place in the small bowl. Set the whites aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, and salt to the yolks and mash with the back of a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the filling between the whites.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and arrange on the serving platter.
Recommended Serving Size: 2 eggs
Exchanges: 1 protein, 1 fat