This lighter version of the deviled eggs we all know and love makes for a perfect appetizer or side dish. Different spices and condiments can be added to the filling, however we keep ours on the simpler side.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Get out a medium pot.
- Get out a small mixing bowl and a small serving platter.
STEP TWO – Cook the Eggs
5 large eggs
- In the medium pot, cover the eggs with cold water and set to high heat.
- Once boiling, remove the pot from heat and cover for 18 minutes.
- Remove the lid, place the pot in the sink, and run cold water over the eggs.
- Let the eggs cool for a few minutes.
STEP THREE – Make the Filling and Assemble
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sour cream
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Gently tap the eggs along the inside of the kitchen sink.
- With cold water running, slowly peel off the shells.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, scoop out the yolks, and place in the small mixing bowl.
- Set the whites aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, and salt to the yolks and mash with the back of a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the filling between the whites.
- Top the deviled eggs with a sprinkle of paprika and arrange on the serving platter.
Recommended Serving Size: 2 eggs
Exchanges: 1 protein, 1 fat