Julia’s preference for sweet potatoes combined with the simple preparation and outstanding taste of these oven fries has made them a favorite in our house. We enjoy them once a week on burger night alongside veggie burgers.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Get out a large bowl and a colander.
STEP TWO – Cut and Soak the Potatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes
- Peel and cut the potatoes into long, thin strips.
- Fill the large bowl with cold water and soak the potatoes for 15 minutes to remove some of the starch.
STEP THREE – Prepare to Bake
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Transfer the potatoes to the colander and rinse.
- While still in the colander, dab dry with a paper towel and lightly dust with the cornstarch.
- Shake off any excess cornstarch, dry the large bowl, and return the potatoes to the bowl.
- Toss with the oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
STEP FOUR – Bake the Potatoes
- Spread the potatoes onto the baking sheet without overlapping.
- Bake for 40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until crispy and lightly browned.
- Add a dash of salt and serve.
Recommended Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
Exchanges: 1 starch