This healthy and flavorful creation can be enjoyed as a breakfast, snack, or compliment to a main meal. The granola provides a textural element to the smooth yogurt and soft berries and is the perfect topping for cereal, smoothies, ice cream, and any other dish that needs some crunch or calories.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Line spray a large baking sheet with canola spray.
- Get out two medium bowls.
STEP TWO – Make the Granola
1 cup old-fashioned oats
½ cup chopped nuts and seeds (almonds, peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, pepitas, etc.)
¼ cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon canola oil
¼ cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries, mango, etc.) cut into small pieces
- In the 1st medium bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Drizzle with the syrup and oil and toss by hand to incorporate.
- Spread the granola onto the baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes, tossing every 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer to the 2nd medium bowl and toss by hand with the dried fruit.
- Let cool completely before assembling the parfait.
STEP THREE – Assemble the Parfait
4 cups yogurt (strawberry, vanilla, etc.)
2 cups diced fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Spoon ½ a cup of yogurt into a glass cup or jar.
- Top with half the diced berries, then ¼ a cup of granola.
- Repeat this process for the second layer.
- Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 parfait
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 dairy, 2 fat*
*With Greek yogurt, 1 starch and 1 fat are substituted for 2 proteins