One of our favorite ingredients to cook with, coconut can be added to so many foods to enhance the taste, texture, and nutrition, including these cookies! Their simplicity, deliciousness, and high demand means we make them on a regular basis.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Take out a stick of unsalted butter to soften.
- Get out a stand mixer and a medium bowl.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
1 stick unsalted butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 ½ cups coconut
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In the medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients with the coconut and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Cookies
- Drop 18 tablespoons of batter onto the prepared baking sheets and press down with your fingers to flatten a bit.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Switch the sheets and bake for another 5 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to the cooling racks and cool for 5-10 minutes.
Recommended Serving Size: 3 cookies
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat