This recipe is so simple and delicious that it should be on the menu every week. Whether you pair them with breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these soft and flakey biscuits will surely enhance any meal!
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Get out a small glass measuring cup, a large bowl, and a biscuit cutter (or a drinking glass with a 2-3 inch diameter).
- Set up a cooling rack.
STEP TWO – Make the Dough
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the small glass measuring cup, combine the milk and vinegar and let sour for 5 minutes.
- In the large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, add to the flour mixture, and use your fingers to incorporate.
- Add the soured milk and mix to combine.
STEP THREE – Assemble and Bake
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and press down into a 1-inch-thick rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in half 3-4 times, sprinkling flour to keep the dough from sticking.
- Use the biscuit cutter or drinking glass to cut 12 circular biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the baking sheet and brush with a little half-and-half.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool the biscuits on the cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 biscuit
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat