This recipe combines wholesome and versatile ingredients to create an energizing and delicious snack. You’ll have a hard time returning to pre-packaged bars once you’ve tried our homemade ones!
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with canola spray.
- Line an 8×8-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Get out a medium pot and a large bowl.
STEP TWO – Toast the Oats
2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
¼ cup sliced almonds (or similar)
- Spread the oats and almonds onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
STEP THREE – Make the Binder
¼ cup honey
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons creamy nut butter (almond or peanut)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the medium pot, add the honey, brown sugar, butter, nut butter, vanilla, and salt over medium heat.
- Cook until smooth and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
STEP FOUR – Assemble the Bars
¼ cup chopped dried cranberries (or similar)
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
¼ cup pepitas (or similar)
- In the large bowl, combine the cooled oats and almonds with the cooled binder.
- Add the cranberries, chocolate chips, and pepitas and incorporate by hand.
- Very firmly press the granola into the baking pan.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 12 bars.
Recommended Serving Size: 1 bar
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat