A huge thank you to Rachel Duerden for the nomination. Please be sure to check out Rachel’s incredible blog Jasperden Health here.
What is the Golden Bloggerz Award?
The Golden Bloggerz Award was created by Chris Kosto to motivate and reward all the amazing bloggers who work hard every day to serve their audiences and deserve some recognition.
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Mention the rules.
- Mention the award creator and link to their blog.
- Thank whomever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Tell your audience three things about you.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Nominate 10 people who deserve this award.
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice.
- Let the nominees know of their nomination by commenting on their social media or blog.
- Share links to 2-3 of your best/favorite posts.
Three Things About Us
- We’re mental health activists. After Julia survived anorexia, we felt it was important to share our story to promote change, increase awareness, and support individuals and families who are battling similar mental health and/or eating issues. Many of the recipes on our blog are ones that helped Julia reclaim her love for food in recovery.
- We don’t eat meat. Katherine is a vegetarian; Julia is a new vegan. We made these lifestyle choices in part for our health and the environment but mostly for the animals. All the recipes on Nourish are completely meatless—and they taste delicious!
- Despite being dog people at heart, we’re ironically the parents of four adorable cats—Teddy Bear, Cleopatra, Olive, and Chibi—and love them all dearly.
Our Answers to Rachel’s Questions (answered by Julia)
- If a film was going to be made about your life, who would you want to play you?
Abigail Breslin because I’ve been told we look alike and also Little Miss Sunshine is one of my all-time favorite films. I’ve probably watched it at least five times.
- Who is your favorite musician or group?
The Counting Crows, a Los Angeles-based 90s alt-rock band. I discovered their song A Long December a few years ago during a particularly difficult winter, and I’ve never connected to lyrics so much. I regularly listen to them to this day.
- Coast or country?
Coast. I currently live in Connecticut, on the East Coast, and hope to move to the West Coast and live in California in the future. Having grown up in the bustling suburbs, I’m not sure I’m cut out for the quiet country.
- Early bird or night owl?
Early bird, easily. I take after my mom in this sense and feel the best and most productive in the morning. Even during the worst of the quarantine, I’d rarely stay in bed past 8 AM.
- If you believe in God, what would you ask him?
I’m an atheist but if there were a God, I’d ask them what went wrong! I can’t imagine all the hatred, bigotry, intolerance, and suffering that plagues our world was a part of the master plan. Also, I’d ask what I can do about it. How can I help those who are in need, abandoned, rejected, and losing hope? What difference can I make in the grand scheme of things? (I know that’s more than one question—I’m just genuinely curious about these things, as well as passionate about human rights.)
- Don’t Lose Hope
- Greedy Bear Bakes
- How to Teach a Difficult Child
- Nature Tails
- New Classic Recipes
- Smitha’s Bake Love
- Tanvi Bites
- Thistles and Kiwis
Questions for Our Nominees
- What is your dream career?
- What is the best and worst thing about blogging?
- What is something you used to take for granted but don’t anymore?
- If you had to power to change any one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What are you looking forward to doing over the summer?
Our Favorite Posts
To all the awesome bloggers out there, keep up the good work!
Stay tuned for a delicious birthday favorite tomorrow!