This is another classic cookie recipe to add to your collection. Its simple ingredients, straightforward preparation, and delicious taste make it a stellar snack to have around the house.
STEP ONE – Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with 2 oven racks in the middle.
- Lightly spray 2 large baking sheets with canola spray.
- Take out a stick of unsalted butter to soften.
- Get out a stand mixer and a medium bowl.
- Set up 2 cooling racks.
STEP TWO – Make the Batter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¾ cup peanut butter
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- In the stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In the medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate without overmixing.
STEP THREE – Bake the Cookies
- Drop 18 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheets and press down with the back of a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Switch the sheets and bake for another 6 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to the cooling racks and cool for 5-10 minutes.
Recommended Serving Size: 3 cookies
Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat